The following is a size/format guide for images:
- Your website Logo needs to be provided as a transparent PNG and at the largest size you expect to see it on the website.
- Homepage Main Image ought to be at least 1200 pixels wide, but for optimal results, your homepage main image should be 1920 pixels wide by 862 pixels tall, so it'll look good in wide browser windows. Image file names may not have any spaces. Make sure your page images are rectangular, or else something you want shown may end up cropped.
- Banner images on internal pages (AKA page images) ought to be at least 1200 pixels wide, but for optimal results, your page images should be 1920 pixels wide by 862 pixels tall, so they'll look good in wide browser windows. Image file names may not have any spaces. Make sure your page images are rectangular, or else something you want shown may end up cropped.
- Bottle shots and/or product images should be cropped close to the image subject--there should not be much extra space around the bottle/product. These images should be 600px on the longest side, (PNG files work best, see #8 below). They can be smaller than this, but it's best to have nice large images for product detail pages. They will never display larger than 600px on BluePrint template sites. The images will be resized appropriately to fit the different places they display on the site (store category pages, product detail pages, and shopping cart). If the design you choose has a background color/texture other than plain white in the store section, you should provide transparent background image files.
- Any images you provide to be placed within your content can be any size you desire, but they should be provided no larger than the largest size you expect to see them on the website.
- Header image for system-generated emails, these must be 600px wide and in GIF format. The height may vary, but typically should be around 120px tall to preserve space. If you do not provide this header separately to us, we will create one from your website logo. Please note that all system-generated emails/confirmations/receipts as well as newsletters share this singular header.
- Helpful Links:
1. Link to Color Picker: https://www.webpagefx.com/web-design/color-picker/
2. Link to Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/
3. Link to My City Scene (free event calendar) https://mycityscene.com/
- File Types: Our admin panel will allow you to upload JPG, PNG, and GIF image files. See examples of each below.
- JPGs are commonly used image files, but will always display a white background on bottle shots and other images in which the subject does not fill the rectangular file shape.
- PNGs are high quality image files that allow for transparent backgrounds, which is great for bottle shots and other images where the subject matter does not fill the entire file.
- GIFs can also be saved with transparent backgrounds, but typically do not have the same quality as a PNG or JPG.